Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Rosamund's Spike

...aren't I supposed to be doing homework?  Meanwhile, in other news, Jennifer Lawrence doubles down on her attack in the media on those douchebags that hacked her private photos.  Dang, those must be some steamy photos!  Maybe not Vanessa Williams Penthouse steamy, but... who knows these days?  Clearly, she needs to take a page out of the book of ScarJo and Keira Knightley, and I'm sure some of you pervs out there know what I'm talking about.  Surely someone on the web has it, right?... close enough.  Yes, J. Law, it's time to do a tasteful Vanity Fair cover with one of your Hollywood friends.  Be one of the cool kids for a change!
(Thursday) ...damn, she's good.  Great advance publicity.
(Sunday, 12:43pm) ...nothing yet?  You've let me down, IMDb.  Oh, a Battle Royale must be raging over the numbers.  Will The Judge be #1?  Or will Tony Stark not have his cake and eat it too?  Same old story.  In between Matrix sequels, Keanu tried to have hits with smaller pics.  There's countless examples, I'm sure.  Guess I'll have to go to Variety for my fix.  Yes, it's true.  All those fans of director David Dobkin's edgier stuff and Robert Downey Jr.'s snarkier stuff (basically, everything else he's done) weren't fooled by The Judge.  Hallmark Channel-type crap, but with A-List stars.  Deep fried Southern cornpone.  Maybe it'll play well there!  As for the latest incarnation of Dracula, well, they didn't take the shellacking of the latest incarnation of Frankenstein as a warning for them.  But who knows?  Maybe its second week will be better.  As for Steve Carell's latest, well, even he gets tired of going on The Daily Show over and over again and saying, you know, if it wasn't for The Daily Show... excuse me, I need to wipe a tear from my eye.  But they did pay homage to the film's title in one of the graphics last week!  Close enough.
(Monday) FINALLY!!!  I was starting to lose faith in you, IMDb!  Okay, we got four debuts this week.  Dracula Untold debuts at #2, and Untitled Steve Carell / Jennifer Garner Project at #3.  Oh, J. Garn's back and better than ever!  ...you know, it's not too late to do that sequel to Dude, Where's My Car?  Everyone's still alive, right?  Anyway, the new NBC series premiering after The Voice is called The Judge... I'm sorry, it's actually a film being shown and not seen in theaters all across this great land of ours.  Maybe they should've tried it out as a series first.  The last debut this week is Tyler Perry's Addicted.  Guess he's going for that Oscar again.  He should be able to afford to buy one at this point!  Anyway, I always love originality in a movie poster.

No comments: