Sunday, August 18, 2019

Auteur Watch - Stephen Lloyd Jackson

Guy's got a sense of titles, I'll give you that!  I mean, Sable Fable?  Genius.  Just one note, however: generally, you don't direct the film AND the documentary about the making OF the film.  Get Les Mayfield for that, am I right?  Ouch!!!  Seriously, though, love you, Les.  I kid because I love.  Now on to criticism #2... man!  Have I been away from the computer for so long that I've seriously forgotten how to type?  Hmmm... oh well.  Maybe it's a good thing.  Anyway, as of this writing, check out Stephen's IMDb Top 4.  Notice the two on the right, and look at their thumbnails.  See what I mean?  Um, that's kind of the generic thumbnail, dude.  Alas, but the old saw is true: gotta spend money to make money.  I mean look at all the greats!  Spielberg, Coppola, Tarantino, Korine, Solondz, Eric Schaeffer.  A poster for all four... all their IMDb top 4's, that is.  Get on it, dude.  And I'm assuming you've gotten no reviews yet.  And I'm not talking about friends and neighbors or church groups.  I mean The New York Times, The Guardian, The Village Voice... oh, right, I forgot.  They don't do film anymore.  Rather, their IMDb hyperlinks lead you on to an empty page.

No comments: