Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Auteur Watch - Burton James Brown

 Oh boy!  I get to ask my patented-ish question once again, and here it is: what do this guy, this guy and this guy all have in common?  That's RIGHT!  They're all the same!  Which reminds me... yup, he's still the Highlander.

John Highland the Hylander. But as with most auteurs, even the average auteur, even though they are auteurs... they still can't do it all alone.  I mean, Nature abhors a vacuum... is that the right thought?  I mean, if you want to go fast, go alone like Mad Max or Cathy Danneberg.  If you want to go far, go together!  And so too does Burton James Brown not work alone, and he seems to have a semi-partnership with someone named Z. Joseph Guice... I think that's him.  That mug is all over Burton's IMDb Top 4.  Now, when you get a name like Z. Joseph Guice... I mean, jeez!  You just have to drink schizo juices in the epoch's epigeal icehouse, no?  Who's with me?

Anyway, let's hope that Mr. Brown keeps churning out the good work, and may he learn the true value of time: the most important gift.  I mean, a true auteur will make a film that lasts about two hours and 45 minutes, like installments of Christopher Nolan's Batman franchise!  Or a Quentin Tarantino film!  Something to shoot for.

No comments: