Sunday, July 01, 2018

Auteur Watch - Paul D. Hannah

...oh, right.  Guess I should say something about this guy.  Welp, I'll give him this: his IMDb Bio, as of this writing, is definitely short and sweet, no question about it.  Most of these are very positive about what the director's accomplished, and where they're headed in the not-too-distant, pie-in-the-sky sky's-the-limit future and what not.  Therefore, this guy's going the opposite way about it.
And it's quite a long list, I give him that!  We got a new Tyler Perry on our hands!  I mean, 19 directorial credits in 7 years or so.  Not too shabby!  I mean, the Coens ... take Joel, for example.  He's got 24 directorial credits, but it took him about 48 years to get them!  On the other hand, he's also won 4 Oscars (TM) (R) (C).  And if you go down Joel's list, you're bound to see a title or two that evokes certain emotions, either positive or negative.  Does that happen at all for Paul's list?

No comments: