Sunday, September 19, 2021

Auteur Watch - Kwabena Gyansah

 Oh good!  Not an over-achiever.  But I predict a bright future for this Kwabena Gyansah!  Their directorial debut, Azali, is a Ghanaian production, but not on video!  Poster looks good, the cast is large and they have pictures on their IMDb pages... no external reviews, but it's been seen!  5.6 out of 10 isn't great, but not bad for a debut feature.  Oh, and best of all, I get to ask my old, not-yet-patented question... ah, I'll just keep it simple tonight.  Kwabena's got a second IMDb number... okay, so I don't know if they're a man or a woman!  Sorry.  But here's an interesting connection: Azali editor and cinematographer William Kojo Agbeti plays a character named Kwamena in a film called Kuwululu!  That's my new favourite title; good luck saying it twenty times fast.


YouTube - Kuwululu Real Trailer

YouTube - Kuwululu Snake Teaser

No comments: