Monday, September 06, 2021

Auteur Watch - Samuel K. Nkansah

 Our next auteur is Samuel K. Nkansah, and... oh.  I mean, we were just so close, you know?  One letter away, and I could also mention Samuel L. Cauthen or Samuel L. Cauthen or Samuel L. McQueen or Samuel L. Stephens or Samuel L. Fardy Jr. or Samuel L. Kopels or Samuel L. Culver or Samuel L. Kaufman or Samuel L. Johnson or Samuel L. Johnson or Samuel L. Fagin or Samuel L.M. Cole or Samuel L. Mantell or Samuel L. Tejeda or Samuel L. Mantell or Samuel L. Hazell or Samuel L. Bronckostein or Samuel L. Ayer or Samuel L. Pew or Samuel L. Taylor or Samuel L.G. Barnes or Samuel L. Billions or Samuel L. Bronkowitz or Samuel L. Rubinstein or Samuel L. Jones or Samuel L. Bailey or Samuel L. Reece or Samuel L. Simson or Samuel L. Stefanni or Samuel L. Jodry or Samuel L. or Samuel L. Hart or ... I know I'm forgetting someone.  Ooh!  I forgot the best part, but I'm tired, so I'll just say here's Samuel K.'s second IMDb number.

I mean, you gotta have some sympathy for Ghana's film industry.  Apparently, they never had access to any 35mm film stock, so all their films have to be on video.  And I think you can probably guess what a director is interested in thematically when 1) they're also an actor, and 2) they're credited as "Super Ninja."  I mean... Nkansah sounds a bit like Ninja, right?

No comments: