Sunday, May 27, 2018

Better Call Solo

Greetings, greetings, my ten followers!  My understudy has the holiday off, so I'm forced to do all the other menial tasks myself that they would normally take care of.  Which reminds me... I'm supposed to instruct my European customers of the following: this site may employ tracking cookies.  You remember cookies?  They're those things we used to care about.  If you have Norton, and you probably should, they always mark the tracking cookies as a mild threat before it deletes them.  Anyway, this blog is under the wide Blogger umbrella which is owned by Google (TM)(C)(R) and all that hoopla.  They have apparently added helpful notices about said cookies, and it is up to me to make sure the notice works.
...and seeing as how I can't confirm that it works, it's on to Plan B.  I mean, there's a lot of things that travelers on the web come here for, and it probably ain't the tracking cookies.  And speaking of tracking things, I want to give a brief shout out to this one blog posting of mine called "Tweety and the Mousey-Man" that keeps coming up on my Stats page.  I have no idea why... must be the ad for a vape product.  Yeah, that's probably it.  Think I'll keep it therefore!
Anyway, on to the real news.  There is much joy in Star Wars-ville, and probably at Ron Howard's house as well, as the much-advertised Solo: A Star Wars Kinda Story sort of crushes it at the box office.  Sure, it's #1 and all that, but... only 84 million dollars?  Reporters at Variety and The Hollywood Reporter are going to have a bad, bad week, that's for sure.  So many disappointed studio bigwigs, but they should be used to that by now.  Expectations not being met and all that, by one franchise after another.  Even Motley Fool (TM) (C) (R) has known to be wrong now and again.  Didn't they think Maleficent was going to be a billion dollar movie?  I guess if you include the earnings of the original Snow White in the total, maybe it is.  Still, having that #1 movie is always a good thing in Hollywood.  I'm not saying Ron Howard is desperate... but trust me, he's happy this was a hit.

No comments: