Sunday, August 12, 2018

Auteur Watch - Brandon Harris

...oh, there's actually two of them!  Well, let's start with this one.  They both have about the same length of résumé, so both probably got fed up with the biz when their project turned out to not have quite the length of legs they thought it had, resulting in their projects taking two steps, then falling over into the dust.
Well, the obvious alpha is called Redbelt which is about a martial-arts... I'm sorry, it's called Redlegs.  And as it turns out, this Brandon Harris fella is a little bit like Rod Lurie, in that he's a film critic-turned-film director.  And a couple big names turned up to review Redlegs... I mean, The Hollywood Reporter?  The New York Times?  You've probably heard of them.  As for the Village Voice, well... people have heard of them, but their film criticism section?  Poof!  Vanished!  No trace of it on the internet.  Where will hipsters turn to now for their bashing of Kirk Cameron?  The Onion?  Forget it!  They're gone too. 
Ooh!  This will give me fresh nightmares.  It's a few steps removed from said Redlegs.  I followed this from one of the five co-writers of Redlegs' script: Nick D'Agostino.  I thought maybe that it was Fouch, but alas, no.  All right, I think I've given this enough air.

No comments: