Monday, January 21, 2019

Auteur Watch - Lawrence-Hilton Jacobs

Now that is a name fraught with integrity and social bearing... can't think of words at midnight right now.  Regality?  You get what I'm trying to say.  He is of course best known for the L. A. Heat quartet.  I know this because his IMDb Top 4 says this.  In fact, according to his IMDb Top 4 as of this writing, it seems to favor the 70s and 80s quite a bit.  What, did the man's life end after "The Jacksons: An American Dream" or something?  I'm scanning the whole page to see a title I recognize... some, but one that I've actually seen.  Well, I did see parts of Death Wish, but I don't remember him as "Mugger in Park #2"... shouldn't that be "Mugger #2 in Park"?  Now that I had some time to think about it... not necessarily.  After all, I think there were several parks in Death Wish, certainly several muggings.  Never get caught on that staircase, that's one big lesson for big city living.  How about "Mugger #2 in Park #2"?

No comments: