Sunday, November 03, 2019

Auteur Watch - Joe James

Here's a link to his IMDb page and... now, you see?  They have this glitch with people, too.  Now, as you all know, I really do hate to be a backseat driving Dilbert Database over here (Spoiler Alert: not entirely true) but you got yer Dobule... Double Booking problem right here.  I mean, TWO numbers for one person?  Why?  What's the point?  And how would you store that, exactly?  Oh, wait, I know... you have one column called "IMDb Number" and another one called "IMDb Number (actual)."  That's how I would do it.  I think you guys should rectify these things, and I'll give you one very good reason!  It'd be inconvenient to ME!  I've already had to change all my IMDb links from "http:" to "https:" as it is. 
But ultimately, I guess they're too busy for me.  I mean, let's check once again on our old friend, John Hyland and... yup, still defying the years.  Well, that's quantity over quality for you.  Anyway, back to Joe James and... hmm!  Does Assistant Director count?  I mean, they probably do all the real heavy lifting that the director is SUPPOSED to do, and be a di... Richard on behalf of the director... hmm, something to think about.  Well, in his case, I guess it's up to God to decide where he belongs in the celestial choir of the film industry, so to speak.  Hmm!  I wonder what God's favorite film is?  Maybe God's Not Dead or one of its now many numerous sequels?  Of course, even God has to watch Frankenhooker every once in a while.  Somehow things like The Bridge and Few and Far Between get lost in the shuffle.  A lot.

No comments: