Sunday, August 01, 2021

Auteur Watch - Jacob Brewster

The partnership between the IMDb (c) and YouTube (TM) continues unabated.  And our next auteur Jacob Brewster has two co-auteurs named Gabe Allen and Josh Crottie.  They've only got the one credit so far, but you know... hey.  When you've got a project like McKenna's Dream, you might need to take some time off before starting your next one.  I can't help but notice that the vanity logo at the beginning of the film has a slightly more professional quality to it than the film proper, but whatever.  It's a project by some grade school kids in Toronto, if my scant research is correct, and the plot has to do with the title character's struggles with brain cancer, and the dream of raising money for families with similar plights... when I was that age, I think we did something about dragons and castles.  I guess what I'm trying to say is, WHERE'S THE WHIMSY?????   But it is Canada, so there's probably a better chance of getting funding.  Here in America, we've got the finest health care in the world, especially if you never get sick.  And was I the only one who saw that story about how they just cured lung cancer?  Let me check the web here... close enough.  I'm just looking for any glimmer of hope here.  Besides, there's a long tradition of accidents in medicine... penicillin's the only one I can think of.  And as long as we're on accidents... "Accidentally in Love."  The very idea.  Okay, it's from Shrek 2, but otherwise... good luck on your next Valentine's Day telling your significant other that you're "accidentally" in love.  Okay, I gotta go now.


McKenna's Dream on YouTube (TM)

Documentary about McKenna's Dream on YouTube (TM)

Recognizing McKenna's Dream Through an Inspiring Dedication on YouTube (TM)

A Different McKenna's Dream on YouTube (TM)

Terence McKenna - How to Dream? on YouTube (TM)

No comments: