Sunday, March 25, 2018

Auteur Watch - Crystal Griffith

...hmm!  This name sounds familiar.  Anyway, at least Crystal tried out a few other crafts before settling on directing.  Sure, it was just the one title and all, but you know what?  It did so well, that she was able to take time off to start a family!  ...of course, families cost money, especially when you live in Hollywood.  So eight years or so later, back to the day job of... "Camera and Electrical Department."  Oh, but not just any gig, mind you... um, a little show called "American Experience" ring a bell?  Well, it should!  30 seasons and still going strong!  You know, just like "The Simpsons"... no?  Just me?  Okay.  I'll admit it... here's a confession for you.  Probably not worthy of that Facebook group to which I belong about "Cinema" confessions.  Something for the TV splinter group... I only own about 13 seasons of "The Simpsons" on DVD.  There.  I said it.  But I do have a couple seasons on DVD-R that I burned myself!  I quit that hobby after 2008... can't remember why, though.
...oh, right!  One last thought about Crystal.  Apparently, her work on "American Experience" was either so successful or so traumatic... don't they usually go hand in hand, don't you find?... the category she's in now, at least on her IMDb page, is under something called... "Thanks."  Alas, the trail goes cold after 2012, but who knows?  Maybe there was good money in getting "Special Thanks."

No comments: