Monday, January 21, 2019

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Hah!  The rumours of my demise were just that.  Mere roum... rumors and gossip.  But let's jump right into it.  Thank GOD!  There is much happiness in Shyamalan-ville tonight, even though he won't want to admit it.  I saw that CBS Sunday Morning show!  I saw the flop sweat.  They could've been really, really cruel and called him a one-hit wonder... at least, until Split, that is.  No more.  Back on the map.  And now we have Glass.  See?  Some things are worth waiting three years for!  And so, the 19-year trilogy is complete.  Of course, it cost $50 mill in adverts just to get to that $40 million, domestic.  But M. Night is not one given to long periods of rest, because he's already hard at work on his next labour of love, which is called... oh.  Labor of Love.  I don't have IMDb Pro, so I don't know if the title is subject to change at all.  I dunno... sounds a bit like About Schmidt to me.
Meanwhile, back at the box office... an installment of the neverending Dragonball series is out in the theatres this week.  Well, fellow hardcore members of that college Anime club, it took 20 years, but we did it!  It was a slow week and this thing comes in at #3!  Boy, some of these demographic shifts are even starting to freak me out a little bit.  I kinda feel for the red states a little bit!  Of course, there's the government shutdown that's still happening.  If there aren't massive riots in the street by the time of the second paycheck missed... the 25th, right?  Boy!  I'm kinda relieved I don't work for the state right now!  Guess they were sparing me some heartbreak.  Personally, I think Drumpf is so freaked out by the Democrats in the House that he wants to keep the government shut down for two years.  You know, it's like what happened to Neo asking for his phone call, and Agent Smith saying "Tell me, how can you make a phone call if you are unable to speak?"

No comments: