Sunday, January 12, 2020

Auteur Watch - Daryle Lamont Jenkins

Oh, apparently he's not actually an auteur yet, but he is a producer, and a producer is usually a director-in-waiting.  Take Irwin Winkler, for example!  After producing GoodFellas, he finally had enough, and said hell!  If that idiot can direct, so can I!  And... well, let's put it this way.  I think Irwin the producer is handling Irwin the director with some serious kid gloves.  But Daryle L. Jenkins!  He's got his whole life ahead of him.  Plenty of time to take up directing.  On the other hand, his hobby is trying to reason with White Supremacists.  I should probably point out that Daryle is a black man trying to reason with White Supremacists.  Well, God bless him for trying.  I'm kind of white myself, and I don't feel like talking to the Supremacists.  Well, I will give my usual spiel to them.  I mean, what is so supreme about these guys?  Can they do ANYTHING that Superman can do, for example?  Can they fly?  Are they like the Highlander or the Flash?  Or do they just think English is a really neat language?  I dunno... having a tattoo and a knife is neat and all, but it doesn't sound terribly supreme to me.  Rachel Maddow takes an even neater approach, and questions the DNA angle.  I mean, do White Supremacists have superior DNA?  Well, judging from their literature, the threats to its purity are constant and everywhere.  DNA itself seems pretty hardy; it's been around, what?  A few hundred million years?  Adenine, cytosine, guanine and the 'T' one, they're probably not going anywhere, but the white human part of it is a relatively recent phenomenon.  If we survive the next hundred years, then we'll continue all this talk about supremacy some more, I'm sure.

No comments: