Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Auteur Watch - James Patrick Brown

 A lesson to any and all present and future political filmmakers... I'm assuming the past ones are safe... or ARE THEY???? MWAHAHAHA... Anyway, our next auteur is named James Patrick Brown and... I mean, just look at these first two titles!  I SAID LOOK UPON THEM.... sorry, guess I'm feeling a little dramatic tonight.  I'll spare you my sad story for later.  And so, we go to the list, and the first title is "Zygote Party vs. Tea Party."  Of course, by 2014 the Tea Party's best days were behind them.  Hard to top your first Fox News Shout-Out, I suppose.  On to bigger targets!  The second title is "Koch Daddy," which I'm assuming is a thinly veiled reference to Charles and David Koch, two of the richest men in the solar system.  Alas, a lot of the old money was made with that black poisonous goo that used to ooze out of the ground so readily.  But Brown got the message soon afterwards, and soon afterwards it was on to easier targets like Shia LaBeouf.  But that was the time.  People were still scratching their heads over the fourth Indiana Jones installment, and his traffic stop video went viral.  But he's in Oscar (TM) (R) (C) territory again, right?  Brown's latest and greatest is the 2016 TV series called "Grindhouse Revival."  About as close to a 180° turn away from the previous political experimentation as can be.  P.S.: Boy, does he seem to have a thing for older bottle blondes that have had way too much plastic surgery!  Exhibit A, Exhibit B.

No comments: