Sunday, November 22, 2020

Auteur Watch - Michael James Brown

 Well oh boy!  I get to ask my favourite question again: what do this guy, this guy and this guy all have in common?  Yes!  They all point to the first one!  Michael James Brown.  Well, God bless these people with short IMDb résumés, but this one means a lot to me because one of his films has the best title yet: You're So Cupid!!  ...and I just added it to my Netflix (TM) (R) (C) queue... okay, at the back of it.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Peter Krause as much as the next guy, but... oh!  It's NOT him!  That's too bad.  This sounds like one of those bad Hallmark (TM) (C) (R) movies.  I think Miss Holly was in one of those, but this clip on YouTube is not it.  And how about her performance in The Adventures of Ford Fairlane?  Maybe I'm just an aging sexist and all, but those are the things you hang on to as the months and years pass.  As for Michael James Brown himself, well... he found that Hollywood was a place that he needed to leave behind... and quickly.  I guess after you've worked on a travesty like The Adventures of Food Boy, you'd quickly find yourself smack bad... dab in the middle of an existential crisis too!  ...just added it to the end of my Netflix (R) (C) [TM} queueueueue, just in case.  I mean, first of all... it's a story about a teenage boy who finds he has the power to make food appear in his hands.  A THIN teenage boy, mind you.  And judging from what few pictures and reviews I can find, he doesn't, say, use his new found superpowers to go to an impoverished nation and feed the locals.  Probably just gets into epic food fights with his hometown bully.  Meandering Old Man Alert: I once read a science fiction novel a long time ago about a guy who ... I forget if he has magic pockets, or reaches into a magic tree or what, but he can make anything appear.  He works in a circus and falls in love with the contortionist.  Guess I better go here to make my dreams come true.  Wonder what Michael James Brown is up to?

No comments: