Saturday, January 30, 2021

Auteur Watch - KXM / Jamie Brown

 So much stuff to learn about... So many bands out there!  And now that the IMDb has music video credits finally, we shall all overcome together.  Any free time we may have had left, that's all but gone now.  Our latest Jamie Brown is one of these new music video directors.  I mean, hey; David Fincher started out as one.  Alek Keshishian was one, and... well, maybe not him so much; lotta free time betwixt gigs.  

But back to the instant case.  I think KXM is some type of metal band... I can't get into these debates.  Are they metal enough?  Are they NOT metal enough?  I dunno; the lead singer looks a little old, but hey.  Isn't 60 the new 30, or something?  We're all doing what we can to make the sci-fi writers' dreams of immortality come true, whether it's turmeric or a daily swimming regimen.  But here's a question with inherent drama in it: as of this writing, KXM has eight music videos to their credit.  Mr. Brown has only directed six of them... what about the other two?  What about "Faith is a Room" and "Rescue Me"?  What are they?  Chopped liver?  Hmm!... I like the plot description of "Faith is a Room."  Think I'll go watch that!

YouTube: KXM's "Faith is a Room" - decent production values, might be worth searching through.  I will make my standard complaint, though.  All those years ago when I watched music videos on MTV, and I never remember seeing one where the record company's logo was the first image we saw.  Never.  You young kids don't know how bad you have it today.

No comments: