Monday, October 16, 2006

It's gonna be a good summah!


Or fall, rather, for Scorsese 'n company. I know Grudge 2 is the #1 story this week, but I couldn't get to last week soon enough. Also, I couldn't find a still with a red #2 on that chick's eyeball.
Anyway, it's been a long time coming between #1s. I believe it was either Cape Fear or Bringing Down the Dead that was the last time Mr. Scorsese had nabbed himself the elusive bonafide #1 spot in the Top 10. But he's got it again big time with The Departed! And how. Even though it's #2 this week, but it's still the winner for me. It's done so well, in fact, that Leo and Marty are already in talks for a Four-Peat. I don't know, Leo! Aren't you tired of Marty's Old-Man Stink?
Coming in at #3 it's Man of the Year with 12.3 million dollars, which covers the catering budget of the film so far. There's tweeters and twitters from people complaining that they were expecting a Robin Williams concert film. It's like when I saw Network recently and thought it was going to be all "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" moments. Although, time will tell if they're both in the same league. Personally, I think Barry's atoning for Wag the Dog with this one.
Open Season at #4, yawn. Someday soon a Pixar or Pixar-esque film will be in the Top 10 every week of the year! You heard it here first.
At #5, it's the horror entry of the week: another Texas Chainsaw sequel, or prequel, or whatever. I can't keep up. Michael Bay's going to use the proceeds to finish up Transformers.
At #6 it's The Marine, a joint venture between the Army and the WWE. I had no idea! They wanted Heath Ledger for the lead, but somehow he wasn't muscular enough. Oh well, their loss.
#7: The Guardian, Ashton's other entry. I haven't seen anything like it since Guess Who took on A Lot Like Love! Oh, was it worth selling your soul, Andrew Davis?
At #8 it's Employee of the Month, from the producers of Wedding Crashers. They must be disappointed in the overall total of this one. Not quite as high as Wedding Crashers, unfortunately. But it's doing better than Clerks 2, which advertised that it was the funniest movie since Wedding Crashers! Incidentally, speaking of sequels, Van Wilder 2? What, is it going straight to video?
#9 brings us One Night with the King, which I thought was either about Elvis or Burger King, but was way off on both counts. It's about the Biblical Esther, the Queen of Persia. They must've been running ads on Pat Robertson's network or something. I think I'd rather see The Work and the Glory! Sorry, Tiny...
Anyway, last but not least is #10 with Jackass number 2. It's made slightly more than the first one, if nothing else. Johnny Knox did pretty well in between the two, but the rest were trying to re-live the glory of the show the whole time, and so the sequel was made, but moron that later. I gotta get some sleep!!!!!

No comments: