Sunday, February 04, 2018

Auteur Watch - Corey Grant

Oh, I LOVE him!  North by Northwest, The Philadelphia Experiment... oh, wait.  No, it's someone else entirely.  Oh well.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the guy.  I mean, if you're going to get a Masters degree, it might as well be in film.  Not many have worked with Stacey Dash and lived to tell the tale.  Unfortunately, due to several nondisclosure agreements, Corey won't be able to tell that particular story until ... let's see, that was 2012, so I'm going to say 2037.
If you're a fan of director biographies on the IMDb, Corey's is a typical example of an up and comer that you should watch out for.  One point that sort of separates it from the pack is a personal quote: "Stand behind your work and not in front of it."  Which might seem like cowardice at first, but I suppose it's true when you're an artist giving birth to art.  However, this biography seems a bit like Corey's standing in front of his work to me, but what do I know?
Incidentally, here's the trailer for Scrapbooks on YouTube, if you're interested... and you should be.  Did you know the director put together this trailer, and did the titles in Final Cut Pro?  He didn't have to, of course, but as a big-time film director, some tasks best not be left to the help.  Did you know that?  ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!!!!

No comments: