Sunday, July 29, 2018

Always Had to Break It when I Mix with Other People Cuz I Knew I was Not Very Clean

Looks like the Russians have once again taken an unhealthy interest in my site.  They're probably just trying to find my password.  They've got my email address, now it's that darn password.  They've got the finest UNIVAC on the case!  Not to worry!  Of course, there's not a lot of ad space on my site, alas.  Must be why I'm not getting anywhere in life.  Incidentally, where can you see the new 2018 anti-Democrat ads?  They got one where someone from a Shutterstock public domain picture says "I walked away from the Democrats because of such and such."  One of them asked "Since when is it okay to joke about raping the president's daughter?"  ...damn, can't find the pic.  Coulda sworn I saved it, but it was a stock photo of a black woman, so the Russians really know how to give the knife a good ol' twist.  Well, Ice-T wrote a song about raping the vice-president's daughters a long time ago, and I don't think that was received too well in the lame-stream media, if memory serves.  But that was a much simpler time.  Now that we've got our first Corporate president, you'd think the rules would be a lot more relaxed, right?  Not so!  See, they love all the power of the presidency, but the responsibility that the office used to represent?  Not so much.  The burden of proof that the president committed a crime is very high now, and the burden of proof that there's a threat to the president or the presidency is indeed quite low.  But who knows?  Maybe it will all be over soon.  Kinda depends on the president's core support base: CEOs.
Anyway, the box office.  I occasionally use this space to pontificate about that.  Well, as expected, the latest Tom Cruise Mission:Impossible-related juggernaut is #1.  Which must be a bit of a relief in the Mapother household.  If memory serves, the one he had last year wasn't!  And the one the year before that!  What did he do right this time?  Who knows.  I've been watching a lot of interviews with Lloyd Kaufman of trauma fame... I mean, Troma, and he talks a lot about his struggles with the MPAA.  You know, the Motion Picture Association of America.  He would often clash with them when trying to get an R rating.  A guy like Tom Cruise, however, probably does everything he can to insure that PG-13 for a Mission: Impossible pic.  Different strokes for different folks?  Is that the apt cliché?
The only other debut this week is another little something straight outta left field called Teen Titans Go! To the Movies.  Well, this is what I get for not reading Variety on a semi-regular basis.  I also have a hard time finding out what channel these things are on.  Apparently, this movie is the logical extension of a TV show it's based upon.  Five seasons, over 200 episodes?  That's... that's quite the schedule there!  And I suppose that having Superman in it doesn't hurt.  Boy, do these Superman fans ever get whiplash from all the different shows he's in?  And all the different men who've played him?  And then of course there's Ben Affleck in ... Hollywoodland?  Does that count too?  So many questions.  Well, I'll let you worry about the answers to all that, as I'm off to my next assignment!

No comments: