Monday, December 03, 2018

Auteur Watch - Hemamset Angaza

Oh good!  Another short one.  Welp, of the four titles on the official online résumé of this Hemamset Angaza that the Internet mortals are all talking about, clearly the most prominent amongst the four is that one installment of the Barbershop series that he or she is responsible for... hey, don't laugh!  It was good enough to lead to a superhero movie!  You know, the pinnacle of Hollywood?
...I'm sorry, I've apparently / clearly made another one of my trademark Malaprop-ish errors again.  I meant to say that Hemamset Angaza... I'm having a little trouble typing these days, in addition.  You know the middle finger?  Well, I only flipped off the one driver, but apparently that was enough to cause upon me a curse.  Either that, or my finger is shedding its thick winter coat far too early, and one of those pinker, more sensitive layers of skin is exposed enough to cause me some heartbreak and pain.  Okay, back on topic.  No, the film is called Good Hair and... sorry, wrong again.  Is it Toupay or Not Toupay Joe's Bed-Stuy Barbershop: We Cut HeadsHAIR???  What can me say, folks, this is me legacy.  You ever meet anyone like that?  You're about to tell someone the answer to a riddle you're posing, or a story you're telling, and the other person tries to guess IN THAT VERY INSTANT.  I mean you're just about to tell them and they go "A trace of gallium arsenide?" or "Cow bell?" or "Bruce Willis was a ghost all along?"  It's usually me doing that!  I don't get it!  Anyway, now that I've actually gone back to look, the title seems to be In Our Heads About Our Hair... I don't get it.  Must be the cultural difference or something.

No comments: