Sunday, December 09, 2018

Intermittent Winter Mittens

Brought to you by "Dirty John."  If you've used the IMDb at all this week, you've probably seen an ad for "Dirty John."  And if someone else comes in the room and sees that on your computer screen, they inevitably go "Eww!  What are you looking at that for?"  So PLEASE, I BESEECH YOU, someone get tired of these ads for "Dirty John" soon!  I understand that Eric Bana needs to make bank and all, but PUH-LEEEZE!!!!  Anyway, it's a down week for the box office.  No debuts this week, but big things are coming for Christmas, of course.  Aquaman, for one.  Also, I saw what was apparently a fake ad for a new, PG-13 rated Deadpool movie.  Which is a bit of a relief for me, as the Deadpool movies seem pretty NC-17 as it is.  Anyway, seeing as how there are no debuts, it is of course time to take a look at the cumulative totals instead of what's already out there.  The new The Grinch is clearly the winner, with over 200 million domestic in the bank after only five weeks... someone's bank, we don't know exactly who yet.  Next up, Bohemian Rhapsody is no slouch, with 173.6 million after six weeks.  Not bad at all for something not based on a comic book this time of year!  And of course, Tommy Maitland is going to mention his cameo at his next contract renegotiations.  He has a right to be proud.  As for me, I've taken a renewed interest in my eye floaters now that I'm on a brief vacation from my regular paying job.  There's a particularly dark small one that's been troubling me, and there's this other one that looks like a cluster of balloons on a balloon-sized string; you know, one of those hot dog-shaped balloons that balloon folders use to make sh... stuff.  But apparently, there's like, hundreds of YouTube videos on this very subject!  Serious ones!  Actual, serious ones!  Not enough to change the name of this blog, mind you, but still!  Clearly I gotta go.

No comments: