Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Auteur Watch - Jean-Pierre Brown

 Awright!  Back to work.  Next: someone named Jean-Pierre Brown... nope.  Just an actor.  See, prison pictures or hostage pictures like Kings and Desperate Men that take place in one room can be a logistical dream come true for filmmakers... it just might not make for compelling cinema.  Next: Jeanette Schiller Brown... nah, just a writer.  But, hey, I'm always glad to help get the word out.  Up next: Jeannine Brown.  Beloved TV actress who just had to do that one R-rated theatrical release directed by Menahem Golan.  To be fair, it was a different era, and... hmm!  It's the Bangles' mom on screenwriting duty!  Small world.  She's a sweetie pie.  Next: Jeb Brown, actor and one-time stuntman.  Well, it's the new path to directing: just ask David Leitch!  Oh, but is Corey Yuen chopped liver?   And where's his Matrix credit?  ...strange.  Shows you what I know.  He's really, really not there.

Whelp, can't deny it any longer.  Time to move on to James Bridges, which gives me an opportunity to ask my famous, semi-patented question: what do this James Bridges, this James Bridges, and this James Bridges all have in common?  Yes!  They're all the same person!  Well, hey, if you've been anywhere near a KISS concert... heck, you'd probably need more than just three IMDb entries, am I right?  Awright, back to work.  Nope, nope, nope, nope, double threat, nope, nope, nope, nope, nopenope, nope... but those last two might be the same guy.

Whew!  Well, I don't know about you, but I'm tired.  Not that I'm going to turn on the radio, mind you, but I am growing tired of all this visual, at least for today.

No comments: