Thursday, December 08, 2005

Gumby on the Moon


Yes, that's right! Even Gumby can screw up every once in a while.
They're having an SNL-fest on the E! Channel, this 5-part thing chronicling the 101 Most Unforgettable moments of the show. Why I can't remember the last time I thought about Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute! Nice to see the grand tradition of Payola isn't dead yet. Buh-bye; with my luck that's probably #1.
All right, it's time to take a brief look at the Christmas movies, although from what I've heard, we've got to call it the Holiday movie season. Sounds better, anyway. Well, Rob Reiner's got a Christmas release called Rumor Has It... Nah, it's going to need better word of mouth than that. And incidentally, why does Jennifer Aniston go up against herself like this? And what about that movie that she and Vince Vaughn did? What is that, chopped liver?
Meanwhile, Spielberg's got another Xmas offering, this season's Catch me if you can, if you will, and it's called Munich. Even the man himself says he's not expecting to make money off it, but he'd at least like to make more than The Terminal, heh heh...
What else? Narnia, The Family Stone, and of course King Kong. So many films competing for so few holiday dollars. Who will win? Not me, that's for sure. Gotta go, I'm sleepy.

No comments: