Sunday, November 26, 2017

Trip to Fantasy Land

...see, because, turkey's got tryptophan in it and what-not... never mind.  Anyway, as the world drags on, and all the good TV shows are on hiatus, and tax cuts for the rich hangs on the worst of balances... I feel like complaining about Firefox again!  Unfortunately, I discovered that my blog password is not where I left it, at least not the updated one.  Also, my username is an email address I don't use anymore, of a long defunkt account... defunct?  Let's see if any managers at Blogger pick up on this, and do something about it.  But I'm learning more and more about Firefox now, as I struggle to keep working and negotiating with it.  Seems to be on a good streak now, but... and perhaps you've run into this yourself... it's kinda slow now.  Press Shift and F5 together to open up the "performance" window at the bottom of the screen.  They measure performance in terms of "fps," which is perfect for cinephiles like you and me.  As you may already know, "fps" stands for frames per second.  For a long time, it used to be 24 frames a second, while videotape was 30.  Who knows what it is these days.  Even Peter Jackson and James Cameron can't keep up on all the changes nowadays.  Anyway, Firefox is nothing if not cinematic, which is why its performance metric is fps.  As of this writing, in the year of our Lord 2017, Firefox's maximum fps is 60.  And what am I currently running at?  Well, my average is 46.31 right now, with a minimum of 0.61.  A few days ago, it was 0.10, but it got better, dropping to 0.05, and eventually right down to 0.01, if memory serves!  My brain memory, not RAM, that is.  But the older I get, the more I see both sides of the clouds, and the more I think to myself... is that a raccoon in the front yard?  'Scuse me for a second... okay, I'm back.
Anyway, so begins a long quest to find that password.  Meanwhile, the latest from Pixar is called Coco and it's #1 at the box office, in spite of the quiet new allegations that Pixar creator John Lasseter is another sex monster.  Lotta those going around lately!  So much for Pixar's next round of negotiations with Disney to break free and be their own studio.

No comments: