Sunday, May 05, 2019

Auteur Watch - Warrington Hudlin

Brought to you by Warfarin.  Warfarin!  ...I don't know what it does.  Whelp, I don't know how many kids are in the Hudlin family, but ten years between brothers is bound to create some problems.  When they were doing the first House Party together, following the Coen business model, well... I'm sure they weren't all happy days on some of those sets, like the time Tom Bosley had to bail them out from the card sharks.  And when things got especially testy, Warrington would have to say "Hey man, I know my sh... stuff.  Don't give me that.  I was making documentaries when you were still in diapers!"  Sure, it didn't stick, but at least he gave documentaries a try.  Some documentarians stick with it, others realize they're much more interesting than their subjects are and move straight on to fiction.

No comments: