Sunday, October 20, 2019

Auteur Watch - Hawthorne James

He's one of those guys with one of those faces.... but, I gotta be honest here.  I don't recall Sam from Speed, or George the Night Guard from Se8en... Se7en.  But whatever.  When they make an all-African American version of The Addams Family, he'll be at the top of the list to play Lurch.  But even a successful actor like Mr. James longs for something better.  Which is why we get 2008's "The Stick Up Kids."  And as with most of these, there are no proper External Reviews.  But there are some External Sites!  Half-way there.  Also, Bruce Willis is in the cast!... oops.  I mean, Bryce Wilson.  Eh, close enough.... ooh!  Robert Miano is in the cast!  Here's his Facebook page; wonder if he's like Richard Portnow and tells corny jokes a lot.  I liked Bob in Thick as Thieves, and of course he brought a special gravitas to Bikini Summer II.
...where was I?  Oh, right.  So there's that 2008 directorial effort.  Then came 2010's Lisa Trotter... and that was it.  Back to acting full time.  See you next week for another Auteur Watch!  Okay, time to check my stats.  They always seem to spike on Sunday for some reason...

No comments: