Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Auteur Watch - James Browne

 Of course, when you're talking about James Browne, I suppose you'd be remiss to not mention this James Browne, or that James Browne or this other (kinda douchey) James Browne, or even this James Browne.  And then there's this James Browne and that James Browne and this James Browne and that James Browne and this James Browne and that James Browne and... oh, this one's named James Moxon-Browne.  Does he count?

Well, THAT was another bust!  But I just prefer to think of them as Auteurs in Waiting, especially this one.  I can see him easily becoming the new Walt Becker or Kevin Connolly.  We get new ones, whether we need them or not.  Damn!  Almost forgot.  I mean, when we're talking about James Browne... does this count?  I kinda think it does!  And no, not just because I stumbled haphazardly across it one sleep-deprived night.  Okay, let's keep scrolling down the list.  Lists, lists, endless lists... I don't know about endless love, but lists!  They're sure endless!  Notice how Brooke's got her eyes open in the poster... anyway, here's the next name on my list: James Browning.  Phew.  Close enough.  But I gotta say, because I am the Movie Hooligan after all... Kidnap Me?  It's the story of a delightful new Disney ride where it's a simulated kidnapping experience, but something ends up going wrong.  Not Fargo wrong, mind you, but just wrong enough to be funny, and probably heartwarming at the end, too.  Not Hallmark Movie heartwarming, mind you...

No comments: