Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The latest doings and goings

Where's my dinner? Anyway, it's been a while since my last post, forgive me father. Man, I've never been sicker than I have been the last couple days. So congested I could barely talk. As good a time as any to catch up on all the TV I missed.
Still waiting for that new show, 'The Colbert Report' after 'The Daily Show'. A couple days of freedom left! Won't be long now before they start showing clips of it in the promos.
Still haven't seen that clip of that dude getting beat up by the cops in New Orleans, and that may be for the best. It's taken a while, but there's now a parallel between Bush 41 and Bush 43. Bush 41 had the L.A. riots, and Bush 43 may yet have the La. riots.
On a lighter note, in the new tradition of watered-down PG-13 rated horror flicks, I had to satiate my curiosity about this Fog remake. The fog face looks like someone slipped it a can of alum like in all those Sylvester and Tweety cartoons. Based on the John Carpenter screenplay and directed by that chum with just a great name! Rupert Wainwright. Sounds like a damn director, doesn't he? At least, if it weren't for Stigmata. One thing for sure: when Patricia Arquette wants her life back, get the hell out of her way.
Sigh. No new Al Franken, sans Katharine Lanpher.

No comments: