Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's the end of the world as we NOW know it...

Oh, the end of the world happens so often in the movies that we can't help but be jaded. But lots turned out for the premiere of 2012! And director Roland Emmerich does it again; all the more bitter because Dean Devlin's not by his side on this one. (The Librarian? Puh-leeze...) American filmmakers just can't hack it anymore. The other debut this week is Precious. Now, maybe I'm a heartless bastard, and it wouldn't surprise me if I was, but the title character has two kids, yet she complains that nobody loves her. Did those kids make themselves? She must be doing SOMETHING right! I know, that was uncalled for, and I'm a Neanderthal. But there's too many movies this year that will tug at your heartstrings, like Up. Why, you're not human if you haven't seen that movie! ...that's the only one I can think of right now. Then we got The Blind Side coming up... hoh, boy. More tears. More Oscar gold. Sorry, folks, gotta keep it short this week. I'll make it up to you somehow.

No comments: