Saturday, July 18, 2015

box office 7-19-15

...oh, right.  Wrong weekend.  Anyway, Marvel's latest, Ant-Man, debuts at #1.  Okay, so it's not Avengers-style nine-figure numbers.  I mean, who are you and I to judge, right?  Meanwhile, on the other side of the Googolplex, Judd Apatow's latest, Trainwreck, debuts at #3.  Sure, not great, and Whoopi Goldberg's somewhere smiling right now, but still, not bad for a summer release.  Even he gets tired of premieres in March or September.  Why can't he be in the big leagues?  At #10, it's Bill Condom's latest... I mean, Bill Condon, and it's about Sherlock Holmes.  Boy!  Robert Downey Jr.'s looking old!  To be fair to Condon, I just watched The Fifth Estate, and there was hardly any sex in it!  But we're squeamish in this household and we did have to search through the crucial scene where Assange's nerdy best friend gets it on with what's her name from the James Bond movies... is that where I saw her before?

No comments: