Sunday, June 06, 2010

Auteur Watch - Deb Hagan

Damn! That didn't work, did it? Anyway, I already profiled her two years ago, when her big breakthrough College made the feature-length version of D.E.B.S. look like Avatar. But lemme say this about Deb Hagan: she's got a good Jerry Lewis name. If she were ever introduced by Lewis, he could say "Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to introduce to you Miss Deb ga-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAN-MAVEN-MOINEN!!!!!" If you go to Deb Hagan's official IMDb page right now, you might see the headline "Ten Worst films of 2008." Is that a good thing? Basically, no, because College wasn't even good as kitsch. The commercials on TV didn't even make it look good. Of course, I'm not the target demographic anymore, so it must just be the jealousy talking, but I still know $#!t from shinola, if I may say so in this forum. Anyway, Deb's got plenty on her plate as it is: something coming up called The Matadors. Here's how it got green-lit: some movie studio exec said "Oh! A sequel to The Matador? I love it! Here's $1.5 million dollars; go and make it!" What was that thing that Pauline Kael said about women filmmakers?

(10 minutes later...) Awright! Got the image link to work! But I did forget the following...

For more on Deb Hagan, follow THIS link!! HAHAHAHAHA....

No comments: