Friday, December 12, 2014

Auteur Watch - Djinn Carrénard

Oh good!  Another short one.  Well, keep an eye on this Mr. Carrénard, because this kid's going places.  He's got a favourable review from The Hollywood Reporter, and he seems to have survived the usual sophomore slump with these things.  Now they say this guy's a fresh powerful voice on the scene and all that... but I dunno.  I don't care too much for these guys who are all about love, and these first two films are apparently all about love.  No, if you really wanna leave a mark on the cine, do like Paul Thomas Anderson.  I mean, Magnolia isn't necessarily all about love, right?  Okay, love and a bit with some frogs.  Comedy.  That's what the people want.
But then again, what do I know.  All I know is that, once again, my software has let me down, big surprise.  So I gotta go in manually.  There's apparently no connection to Spielberg, until you consider Saul Williams, star of stage and screen, and of Carrénard's Faire: l'amour (FLA).  Better call Saul, that's what I say!  So we got...

Saul Williams in FLA who also worked with...
Kevin Spacey in the spacey K-PAX and...

...well, it gets murky after that.  Let's say he was in Goldmember with Steven Spielberg.  Practically the same part of the film even!  Better get to Hollywood that-a-way.

No comments: