Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Auteur Watch - John Carstarphen

I like this guy's résumé!  What can I say?  I must be pining for my lost adolescence.  I mean, how can you not like the titles?  Weekend of Our Discontent.  A comedic variation on a timeless classic.  Sure, there's not a lot of titles here, but that's how it goes when you want to be Peter Hyams.  Delegation!  Even he doesn't do everything!  Just directing and filming.  It kinda turns off his actors, but ... can't argue with results, right?  The Presidio.  End of Days.  I could go on... gotta focus here, Movie Hooligan.
Well, once again, my Spielberg-connecting software's proving to be untrustworthy, so I've got to do everything myself as usuelle.  I was going to go with the Summer Selby path, but John's probably burned that bridge a long time ago.  No, best to go with your current stock.  And... once again, I'm going with my actor theory.  If the actor has a thumbnail, that's your best bet.  And so....

Carstarphen's directing a show called "Off Her Meds" featuring...
Lisa Hassler as Shannon, who also starred in..... Silent Red, which also features.......
Heather Renee Sims, who starred in "Nashville," created by .......
Callie Khouri who...

...and the trail runs cold.  Well, that's a start anyway.  Good luck with that!

No comments: