Friday, June 05, 2015

I see you from my Spy Plane, Baby.....

I overheard a hipster last night talking about a They Might Be Giants cover band, so I feel no shame about that! referencing their lyrics!  Who knew?  I thought that I was the only one who liked them.  Sure, I'm not familiar with their last ten albums or so, but I'm working on changing that.  As for the song that was #1 when I was born, however...  Great.  Another unhealthy body image to cultivate.  Anyway, surprise surprise, the latest Melissa McCarthy vehicle, the rather generically titled Spy, debuts at #1.  Sure, maybe not smashingly so, but hey!  It pounded the crap out of the Entourage movie!  Go figure.  Who's more manly now, bitch?  Girls have to do everything for men these days.  I guess Entourage fans don't like to go out in public so much.  That's what's so great about having it on TV, I guess.  You can sit at home in your undies on the couch drinking a beer and eating day-old pizza... oh, and you can watch the show as well.
Okay, so that Entourage movie debuts at #4, and Spy at #1, and the only other debut is Insidious: Chapter 3 at... what else?  Number 3!  As Butch Cassidy once said about something... this Insidious series is beginning to get on my nerves!  Who are those guys?  Well, the main culprit is a triple threat named Leigh Whannell.  Now, according to his IMDb bio, he became obsessed with "telling stories" at the age of four.  Yeah.  Stories like the Saw series, apparently.  That must've been one messed-up kid.  Reminds me of this one annoying little puke in band class.  I think he was a freshman when I was a senior, and one day during our lunch breaks he started telling stories or jokes, trying to give us all the impression that he was wise beyond his years... or his ears?  One of the two.  It didn't last, unfortunately, but I hear he's selling insurance someplace now!  Well, that's what happens when you were born on Third Base.  Nothing but Easy Street for you.  Well, God bless the insidious Insidious series, and may it outlast Paranormal Activity.  Clearly it's not crashing and burning like the Blair Witch series.

No comments: