Sunday, October 09, 2016

Auteur Watch - Hawa Essuman

Oh good, another short one.  Whelp, I never ask a lady how old she is, and neither does Hollywood... but they have ways of figuring that out.  A lot.  Also, they do everything they can to try and stave off the inevitable: getting old and out of touch.  But that's the way life goes here on planet Earth.  One minute, you're cock of the walk, and the next, you're an old kangaroo getting killed in Aussie rush hour traffic... I swear I saw that on telly!  I just didn't have the foresight to get its name.  That's right... he had a name and everything. 
But when you're dealing with a potential talent supernova like Hawa Essuman, you don't ask questions.  You just hitch your wagons to the star, and get on your pogo stick and wail.  And when you're directed by someone like Riccardo Milani, you can't help but think to yourself, aw, hell, I can do that!  Sit in a stupid-looking folding chair and tell people what to do?  That's the life for me!  You're the past, Milani, and I'm the future, said Hawa.  You don't understand us, so don't reprimand us.  We're taking the future.  We don't need no teacher... something like that.  It wasn't said as elegantly, but no one's perfect.

No comments: