Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Deppity-Do

Okay, let's try this again. Blogspot let me down on this one, man. They totally lost my last post! I mean, TOTALLY lost it. No back button could save it, apparently. Plus, the Daily Show's almost starting. Gotta run pretty soon, but the main thing at the box office this weekend is the Tim Burton / Johnny Depp reboot machine grinds on, to the tune of 100+ million! Dayamn. I haven't seen anything like it since Spielberg ruled the 80s. I haven't done my statistical research on this or anything, but I dare say there's another generational youth bubble inflating. Twilight, this, shorter and shorter attention spans... where was I? Oh, right. The other debut this week is the latest Antoine Fuqua juggernaut, Brooklyn's Finest. Will make a fine Costco Cop DVD trilogy along with We Own the Night and that Edward Norton thing from last year. Boy, between this and Cop Out, the top 10 is littered with gritty cop dramas. Must be a generational geriatric bubble inflating as well. Gotta run!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: