Tuesday, October 26, 2010

BOO!!

Damn! Can't save memory by using a link to the image... oh, well. I can only do so much. I'm only one blogger! Anyway, good news for the makers of Paranormal Activity 2! This week at the box office. Such as... not only is it #1, it's #1 to the tune of 40 million dollars! All I know is I didn't see any ads for it during The Daily Show or The Colbert Report, so I don't know how they managed to pull it off. Maybe ads on MTV or something. Somebody's making money, that's all we really need to know. But it's not all good news for MTV and Paramount, as Jackass drops some large percentage to only 20 million raked in. I know that seems pretty bad, but consider the short attention span of the audience involved. And, of course, we'll have to reserve judgment until next week. It's during that crucial THIRD week when the real trends emerge. But the point I was trying to make is that they learned the crucial lesson from Blair Witch and dumped the original director, opting for someone else to helm the sequel. Hell, for all I know, they're calling it a reboot! Seems fitting. If you're going to reboot Spider Man, for God's sake...

Meanwhile, Clint Eastwood just can't catch a break! Hereafter debuts at a mere #4. I have a feeling this won't slow him down much. Space Cowboys 2, Gran Torino 2... the man can crank out one Oscar contender per year AND limit crew hours to 14-hour days! The man's a genius, a marvel, maven, and all those other Jerry Lewis words. BLAOGOJEVICH!!

No comments: