Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Man-Stooge-ian Candidate ... (so terrible. Ugh.)

You know, I believe it was Evil Lawrence Kasdan, AKA ... Gillooly?  Scaife?  Norquist!  That's it.  Grover Norquist... I was drawing a blank on his name.  He once said something about drowning government in a bathtub, which somehow never appealed to me, even on a visceral level.  I guess this is why I'll never get anywhere in life.  But now I think I know where he got the inspiration for that iconic quote: our next Stooge film!  Spoiler alert: I'll cut right to the chase this time, seeing as how I'm cutting these reviews short now.  The Stooges fall bass-ackwards into the political arena, and at the end of the film, they end up drowning the bad guys in a bathtub!  Well, the two guys hit their heads on the bathroom wall first, then slump into the tub, so that's half the battle right there.  Then they push the unlucky guys down into the water.  Then the Stooges sit on top of them as they cheerfully soap up, fully clothed, and start to take a bath as they sit on the bad guys.
Need more be said?  Probably not, but there's a lot of little moments to savor in this one, as there usually are in these things.  For one, Shemp starts to do a somersault, and he lands head first into his footbath.  Again with the water!  His ears fill up with water, and there's a loud booming noise on the soundtrack, and Moe and Larry immediately run to his aid.  Yes, it was just that bad.
...oh, Jesus.  They're not going to do the live parrot inside a cooked turkey bit AGAIN?!

***1/2
-so sayeth The Movie Hooligan

No comments: