Friday, January 15, 2016

What Up, G?

Mother Nature reigns supreme amongst the debuts this week.  Of course, the new Star Wars is still at #1, but The Revenant debuts strong at #2 with $39 million, just 3 million less than Star Wars!  Not bad for a 2.5 hour movie.  Will G get two Oscar sweeps in a row?  Why not.  Take that, Spielberg!  I think Spielberg should try to sweep the Cannes Film Festival or the BAFTAs or something.  You know, as a retaliatory-type gesture.  Or does he care anymore?  He's got all the Oscar hardware he'll ever need, right?
Anyway, the other debut this week is something called The Forest, starring Natalie Dormer, as the web ads tell me.  I thought I was Facebook friends with her for a second, but she's an actual star.  Star of such things as, um... The Hunger Games quartet?  Hel-LOOOO????  And if that wasn't enough, "Game of Thrones" on HBO!  It's the new "Sopranos" for some reason.  It's one of my many regrets, not getting in on the ground floor of that one.  That and "True Blood."  Oh well.  Better get back to my facebook mail.  Facebook mail is forever.  All those quasi-celebrities sending me links and invitations to invest in their little B.S. films.  They think I'm rich, you see............

No comments: