Friday, October 10, 2008

Auteur Watch - Alex Kendrick


Reporting for duty! All right, let's get on with it. Well, there's not much about Father Alex on the IMDb, but Wikipedia's got the dirt! And all the hyperlinks you could want... not me, though. I'm far too busy already as it is. But guess what ladies? He's single! ...oh, right.

...Whoa! I must've just incurred the wrath of Jesus, because my web browser just started multiplying fruitfully! You ever do that thing where you hold the Shift key and click a link? Well, it opened one new window. Then another. Then another. Then another. Then another. Then another.
Get the idea? And I was like, omg! Who's hacking my computer? I'm not covered for that kind of thing. I hope it's just regular Windows kludginess at work here.

Anyway, back to the post, just like I promised previously. Now, Alex has helmed three movies here, Flywheel, Facing the Giants, and Fireproof. The 3 Fs, as we call it in the biz. I guess the coach in Facing the Giants doubles as the Pastor. But then I notice the budgets of these films: Flywheel cost $20,000 to make, Giants cost $10,000, but Fireproof jumps through the roof at a whopping $500,000! What, did Kirk get $480,000 or something? What makes him so special? As a loyal member of your church, Mr. Kendrick, I demand some accountability! Where exactly are my weekly collections plate dollars going? I want them going to God, not Holly-weird! In the meantime, take note, Rodriguez! You could learn a thing or two from this guy about budgets, Mr. $7,000 Budget!

Kendrick sweeped the Sabaoth Film Festival for Flywheel in 2003. Nothing in terms of awards since. Must be nice being a newbie for once, though, huh?
Guess that's about all I have to say about that. Let me know if I forgot anything.

No comments: