Saturday, October 11, 2008

The series continues ...

Down and Out in Beverly Hills...
Troop Beverly Hills...
Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills...
Beverly Hills 90210...
Beverly Hills Ninja...
The Slums of Beverly Hills...
Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy...
Pterodactyl Woman from Beverly Hills...

I think that's all of 'em. In any case, we've got the latest in the series. Only a matter of time before Costco's got a 20-pack of these shrink-wrapped. Hey! It'd be a lot more compact if you put a hundred of 'em in one of those 100-pack DVD or CD cylinders. Yes, it's all part of the Disney revival. Oh sure, they're down every once in a while, but when they're up, they're up. And the cryonically frozen head of Walt Disney spins a little faster as it awaits the arrival of a nice fresh donor body. Preferably one of those bodybuilder types. Man or woman will do at this point. Where was I? Oh yeah! The MOVIE! I guess this means it's time to do Auteur Watch: Raja Gosnell. Right, Raja? You dood it again, buddy!
In close second, Eagle Eye. Yawn; no surprise. And debuting at #3 is Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. Does it live up to the title? It's my biggest lawsuit since my suit against the movie The NeverEnding Story. Plus, the whole "Pretend to be my boyfrined" bit. Oh yeah, girls've been doing that to me for YEARS. Been there, lived that!
So BHC and Nick and Norah pretty much got the Rom-Com thing all sewed up, right? Not so! At #4 it's Nights in Rodanthe, which I guess is unintentionally a Rom-Com, and at #5 we got Appaloosa, a manly western. I hate to use the word hardcore here... what's a more appropriate word? Something less cliché than 'old school'. Fresh words, please! Rugged! That's it. At least, it was rugged, until she came along. Chick flick!
Awright, another week of box office eventually disposed of. What's to come next week? I mean, tomorrow? Probably that Body of Lies thing. Man, some bigshot producer plunked down some coin to make THAT.

No comments: