Monday, December 06, 2010

Auteur Watch - Angela Robinson

Having already profiled Gina Prince-Bythewood earlier this year... two years ago, I'm going to skip ahead to Angela Robinson. Now, this is probably racist, sexist AND elitist of me, but I can't help but be reminded of that quote by Pauline Kael about how female directors... let me start over. I mean, let me temporarily derail that train of thought. The quote is that it doesn't matter if there's a king or queen on top of the garbage heap. Well, between D.E.B.S. and the Herbie remake, one can't help but think of a garbage heap! Though, you better watch your back, girlfriend, because Deb Hagan's racing you to the top of Crap Mountain! But in the final analysis, if A.Rob's good enough for The L Word, she's good enough for me. Better her than, say, Les Mayfield or Peter Hyams, god forbid!

No comments: