Thursday, February 20, 2014

3000 Miles to Numberoneland

...nope, can't think of a theme for the week.  Unless you count the dubious parallels between Kevin Costner and the volcano Pompeii.  I mean, think about it!  Once dormant forces of nature exploding anew at the box office!  Although, as much as I hate to criticize, I'm guessing the volcano's performance is a little less wooden than Kevin's.  But none of that matters, really, because it's this damn Lego Movie that's still #1!  I wonder if this means that they're going to drop the price of actual Legos at all.  Probably not.  Reminds me of the time I was in line at Fred Meyer and some doofus was trying to get a 2-for-1 deal on the most expensive Lego set in the store.  Nice try, buddy.  Still about 10¢ per piece.  Nothing can change that, especially given its carbon footprint.  Why, it can only go up from here!
What else?  Everything's down, but I'm telling you!  This Frozen is almost over the $400 million mark!  Not bad for a rather generic sounding feature.  How?  How do they do it?  If I were involved in that production, I'd gently suggest to my agent to renegotiate whatever contracts I have.  Is it the wintry theme?  The sly jokes for the adults in the crowd?

No comments: