Sunday, March 15, 2015

Auteur Watch - Souleymane Cissé

Well, according to his IMDb Top 4, he's best known for his '80s and '90s work.  Ain't that always the way?  But the dude's keeping busy, and his latest, Tell Me Who You Are from 2009, seems to be his best shot at meeting Spielberg... apparently, Amblin doesn't get to Mali much.  He'll have to get to Amblin by way of France.  I suggest trying your composer on Tell Me Who You Are, David Reyes.  He did the music for something called The Fox and the Child, narrated by Kate Winslet.  I'm sorry... that's The Fox & the Child.  I always screw up the ampersands.
So, there you go.  Kate Winslet's not too shabby, right?  Good luck trying to be facebook friends with her, though.  She's probably way too serious about her account and stuff.  No room for the fans, eh?  Just people you actually know?  Even though they volunteer at the food co-op with you and everything?  Damn snooty movie stars.  Seriously, though, why do I even bother using my web crawler software anymore?  Had to do that all by myself!  Take that, computers.  Humans are still the best at finding human-related stuff.

No comments: