Monday, May 18, 2015

Pitch Perfect Weekend, or The Hardy Boys

In honor of my new-fangled Russian audience, I'm trying to get more Russian content into this blog.  If Putin can't crack my password, no one can!  Anyway, I thought Tomorrowland was out this weekend, but it apparently is next week.  Oh, it's going to be a crowded summer!
Anyway, there must be much joy and a little confusion over the powerhouse performance of Pitch Perfect 2 at the box office.  But it can't be denied; the saturation bombing ad campaign worked.  Plus it got the Colbert bump, so to speak, when Rebel Wilson went on Stew Beef's show to help spread the word.  And speaking of sequels, Mad Max 4 debuts at #2.  It's getting rave reviews, and doing well at the box office... but I dunno.  I watched a little of The Road Warrior fairly recently, and it seems to be about the same movie to me.  I know, I know, there's more feminist themes this time.  The only other debut this week is a remake of Far From the Madding Crowd... boy!  That Tom Hardy's been busy!... oh, right.  Two different Tom Hardies.  Do they stay truthful to the sheep as lemmings sequence from the 1966 version?  ...'67 version?  Well, I tell you one thing: Carey Mulligan's great and all, but she's no Julie Christie.

No comments: