Wednesday, January 05, 2011

In Memoriam: 2010's One Hit Wonders

Oh, I just love these wrap-ups of the year... or do I? Reveling in the failures of others, oh how I grow weary of it. I'm getting nostalgic in my mid-life crisis. Time to split this list into two: the Hollywood failures and the critical indie small releases

Hollywood failures:
Daybreakers?
EXTRAORDINARY MEASURES ... no doubt on that one. But at least Indy had that other big film of 2010: Morning Glory! You're still the king, Ford!
Ramona and Beezus
Lottery Ticket
Let Me In - Bad timing, Hit Girl!
The Warrior's Way
How Do You Know... oh, don't say this five times while looking in the mirror

Critical indie small releases:
Youth In Revolt
Letters to God ... I dunno. Seems a little too church-y to me. Does it belong in the other category?

Bebes
Kites
The Kids Are All Right
Conviction
Fair Game

No comments: