Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Thin Blue Line between Chaos and Spinach

I really must recuse myself from reviewing Cops is Always Right as it is one of my favourites.  More specifically, this part right here.  Some of my close acquaintances can vouch for this, as it's driving them crazy.  Also, it shows that, believe it or not, there are still some things in this world too heavy for non-spinach Popeye.  And for you Larry David aficionados out there, the way they build upon the fire hydrant gag seems a little Curb-ish, no?  If I may be so bold.  I'll just leave it at that.  And Popeye seems to hate housecleaning.  Why, he'd rather lock himself in jail to avoid it. (...Popeye respects the law, but has to lock himself in jail?  He's almost as bad as Howard Roark!)  A classic.  Anytime I put in that DVD I have to watch it.

****
-so sayeth The Movie Hooligan

No comments: