Sunday, August 29, 2010

Debt-y Wise, Drowned Foolish?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Two reasons: A) I'm in a weird mood, 2) I didn't get enough sleep, and D) I briefly saw an ad that said "Debt-Wise" and put two and two together. I'm on a roll today, I tell you! Someone said Bill Clinton ran over someone with a train, and into the old brain cloud popped: yeah, he turned Vince Foster into Bananas Foster! Seriously though, I voted twice for the man, so I can kid. ¶ On to the instant case: this week's inglorious box office. And at #1 it's The Last Exorcism, and even I don't need to tell you: no it's not. Not while William Peter Blatty's alive and kicking! He used to write other genres, but that's before The Exorcist happened. It's all he knows how to do anymore! And believe me, when he does kick the bucket, he'll do the possessing for a while. He'll be pulling the green vomit strings. Show us how it's done, WPB.
At #2 it's Takers. Am I the only one who cares that Lottery Ticket is gone? Must be, so I'll skip it. Takers stars Rihanna-beater Chris Brown. Now, I know what you're saying: but Movie Hooligan! One man's spousal abuse is another man's street cred. Besides, you saw that I.Q. ad with Rihanna. Her I.Q. apparently is 96! What do you expect from someone with a 96 I.Q.? Okay, you win, but let me just say this to Chris Brown: Do you feel like a man when you push her around? Do you feel better now as she falls to the ground? Well, I'll tell you my friend, one day this world's going to end as your lies crumble down, a new life she has found. Face down in the dirt, she was pissed off and hurt... I mean, when you see Rihanna's face, I hope it gives you hell, gives you hell. Where's your picket fence, love?
Those are the only debuts this week. Inception rises from #9 to #7, The Other Guys holds constant at #5, everything else is down down down...

No comments: